The short wave infraredband refers to the wavelength range between 1000-3000 nanometers, and the naked eye cannot recognize these spectra. Minerals, man-made substances, and other substances have special ingredients, and short wave infrared can be "seen" by this special ingredient.
Short wave infrared imaging has a huge advantage compared to other technologies, that is, it can image through glass. For short wave infrared camera, you don't need to use special expensive lenses or housings to adapt to harsh environments. This makes short wave infrared cameras suitable for various industries. Next, I will introduce the characteristics of short wave infrared imaging in detail.
1. High recognition: Short wave infrared imaging is mainly based on the principle of target reflected light imaging. Its imaging features are similar to visible light grayscale images, with high imaging contrast and clear target details. In terms of target recognition, short wave infrared imaging is an important supplement of thermal imaging technology.
2. All-weather adaptation: Short wave infrared imaging is not easy to affected by atmospheric scattering, and it has a strong ability to penetrate fog, mist, and smoke, and has a long effective detection distance. The adaptability to climatic conditions and battlefield environments is significantly better than visible light imaging;
3. Low-light night vision: Under atmospheric glow night vision conditions, photon irradiance is mainly distributed in the SWIR band of 1.0～1.8μm, which gives significant advantages to short wave infrared night vision imaging, compared to visible light night vision imaging;
4. Active imaging: In the 0.9-1.7μm band, the military laser light source technology is mature (1.06μm, 1.55μm), which makes short wave infrared planar imaging have significant contrast advantages in active imaging applications;
5. Simple optical configuration: Optically, the glass light window has a high transmittance in the short wave infrared band, which gives short wave infrared imaging an important technical feature. The short wave infrared camera can be assembled in a protective window to achieve high sensitive imaging. It can be easily applied to a specific platform or occasion, which is very flexible.